The Ohio City Jail if one of the few original buildings remaining in the small community of Ohio City. The Ohio City Hall which is also on the County Historical Preservation list is adjacent. The jail is in remarkable condition considering that it was built in 1906. The two cells in the back of the building have bars on the doors and windows. After the closure of the Ohio City Post Office, the Postal Service installed "cluster boxes" for the residents of the old mining town, and permitted the community to retain the name of Ohio City.
Address: Miners Avenue
Legal: Lots 26 and 27 Block 16, Ohio City
Current Use: Mailbox site
Contact: Gunnison County
Designated: January 22, 2001