April 30, 2014 - Oho City Town Hall
The Gunnison County Historic Preservation Commission traveled to Ohio City to review the changes planed for the Ohio City Town Hall
The Ohio City Town Hall represents a significant type of architectural style predominant around the turn of the century. This late Victorian vernacular building possesses typical features from this period such as storefront glazing, front facing gable with a false wood front and tin siding embossed in a stone of block pattern. A distinguishing characteristic is the corner entrance.
Originally, the town hall building was constructed in 1906 as a mercantile company to serve the growing mining community of Ohio City. The building was then used as a restaurant for a short time before it became the Ohio City Town Hall in 1914. Now the center of public activity in town, it serves as a community center.
Alterations to the town hall's exterior are minor. The storefront has been replaced with windows after being boarded up for many years. The rest of the exterior is unchanged. There are two outhouses behind the main building
Address is: 8503 County Road 76, Ohio City
Legal Address: Block 16, Lot 24, Roe's Addition
Current Use: Community Center
Contact: Gunnison County
Date Designated: June 18, 1996