Address: 4514 County Road 730, Ohio Creek
Legal: Parts of Sec 26, T51N , R1W , NMPM
Current Use: Community Center
Contact: Fairview School Association
Designated: September 2, 1999
Fairview School was built shortly after District Number Ten was organized in 1881. The school was located on Ohio Creek on land donated by Lewis Easterly. Because of its location, with its clear views of the Anthracites and Carbon Peak, it was named Fairview School. The original two story school was built of logs and included a cloak room and stage. In 1906, the old log building was replaced with the current structure. In 1948, Fairview school was closed and the students bused to Gunnison. The building continues to be used for community functions.