Fisher-Zugelder House and Smith Cottage
Both dwellings were completed in June of 1881. They were built by David Fisher, a local sandstone quarry owner who incorporated sandstone in the design of the house and the cottage. Fisher hired Frederick Zugelder, a well-respected stonemason and stonecutter to construct the buildings, which served as prototypes for subsequent stone construction in Gunnison. They are among the few remaining structures dating from the early period of Gunnison’s development.