Main PageShopBuilding Tracker DirectoryResearch LinksRussy Baby Productions

Gunnison History Tracker
512 Second Street
The Croatian Hall

This building was built around the turn of the century, was the meeting place and dancing hall for the members of the Croatian Fraternal Union.  In  1902, the building was moved on large rolling logs, from Elk Avenue, to its present site.  The Croatian Fraternal Union  was one of four Slavic organizations that kept alive the traditions, language, food, and dances of the old country.  

Later, this building became the Crested Butte Club

The building is currently part of the Eleven Ski Group.