Main PageShopBuilding Tracker DirectoryResearch LinksRussy Baby Productions

Gunnison History Tracker
200 Sopris Street
Crested Butte Mountain Heritage Museum

1995-2002
The Spritzer Bar

   This building was constructed in 1882, and first opened as a saloon by early Slovenian immigrant Anton Strarika.  In 1924, the building was purchased by Croatian immigrant Martin Spritzer Sr.  He continued to operate as a saloon, until Prohibition, where it was Spritzer's Pool Hall & Soft Drink Parlor. serving the town as a leading purchaser of quality spirituous beverages.
   The building was then occupied by their youngest son, Botsie Spritzer, until 1991.  For 1995 til 2002, this was the location of the Crested Butte Mountain Heritage Museum, and now is a private residence.