Main PageShopBuilding Tracker DirectoryResearch LinksRussy Baby Productions

Gunnison History Tracker
125 North Main Street
The two-story brick structure built between 1882 and 1886 has been covered with plaster and a wood shingle façade. The building was
originally a hotel and bakery. Harry Fogge Clothiers replaced the hotel and later, the Endner Hardware oper- ated in the building for 41 years.
We see the "Gunnison House" in these 1881 photos. In 1886 there was a Jewelry store in one half of the building, with the other half vacant.
This was one of five buildings that burned down in the 1902 on the south-west end of the 100 N Main Block.
Endner's Hardware
1920-1957

Building Owner:
Harry Fogg-1905-1970
Jewelry Store
NORTH SIDE
1886-1902

Building Owner:
Vacant
SOUTH SIDE
1886-1890

Building Owner:
Bakery & Grocery Store
SOUTH SIDE
1890-1902

Building Owner:
Confectionery & Ice Cream Parlor
SOUTH SIDE
1902-

Building Owner:
The Harry Fogg Clothing Store's
Harry Fogg-1905-1918
Harry Fogg & Ben Jorgensen-1918-1920

Building Owner:
Harry Fogg-1905-1970
David & Nelle Fogg-1970-1973
Don Carroll-1973-1989
Nancy & David Tredway-1989-
Endner Hardware was ran by three generations of the Endner Family. William Harry Endner came to the area in 1879, where he established a sawmill and expanded his operations with a hardware store. H.W. Endner and his wife, Lena Lightley Endner, then took over the store, followed by their son, William B. "Bill" Endner, for 41 years.
Bill re-located the store in the 1950's due to parking issues at this location.
Western Furniture Company
1963-1967
​H.H. Fogg

Building Owner:
Harry Fogg-1905-1970
The Hobby Shop
1967-
LeRoy Kleinholtz

Building Owner:
Harry Fogg-1905-1970
Carroll's Ltd.
Don Carroll-1973-1989

Building Owner:
Harry Fogg-1905-1970
David & Nelle Fogg-1970-1973
Don Carroll-1973-1989
Nancy & David Tredway-1989-
In 1973, owner Don Carroll added an archway into the main store and added an A-Frame canopy, which projected six feet from the building.