A two-story brick structure was built in 1881 by Alonzo Hartman, for $4,500.00, and is one of the oldest, of the original Commercial District buildings built by Hartman. Its Italianate style is evident in the brick cornice, arch windows, and lintels along the second story façade. This building once housed the U.S. Post Office from 1881-1901, a bookstore, a saloon from 1902-1910, 1926 is when Physician J.D. Walker opened 'Walker's Drugstore", and "Martin's Drugstore", owned by Clyde Martin from 1930 to 1951. Max Fleetwood started working for Clyde in 1940, then bought the drugstore in 1951, but kept Martin's name on the store. Fleetwood then moved across the street to 100 N Main, opening Fleetwood's Rexall Drugstore.
The Hartman Building
U.S. Post Office
In 1957, "Western Furniture & Supply Company", was at this address, then in 1961, George Wright opened "Wright's Fashion. In 1972, "Mr. Robert's" gift store and store was here, followed by "Melodie Records and Tapes" in 1977, "Cottage Industries", owned by Patricia Greene, "Gunnison Rockery" in 1991, and now the "Corner Cupboard".